ConstraintsThe term for a paradigm related to logic or declarative programming, where information is specified as a constraint on the result, and the evaluator's task is to use this information to limit the search space that some base set of algorithms would ordinarily have traversed to find the answer.
Constraints-based programming languages are not as common as constraints-solving libraries, since in the general case there is no systematically-reliable approach to this kind of evaluation style.
Generally, constraints are an interesting type of annotation.
- UW Cassowary Constraint Solving Toolkit, an incremental constraint solving toolkit that efficiently solves systems of linear equalities and inequalities.
- UW DeltaBlue Constraint Solver, an efficient, incremental local propagation constraint solver.
- AKL - AGENTS Kernel Language, a concurrent constraints programming language
- Goedel - From its home page (see below):
- Janus - A concurrent constraints programming language
- Kaleidoscope - A constraints imperative object-oriented programming language
- LIFE - From CMU Artificial Intelligence Repository:
- Morphe - A constraints-based object-oriented programming language supporting situated knowledge
- NCL - Natural Constraint Language
- PJ - An acronym for Pictorial Janus, a visual concurrent constraints programming language based on Janus
- Screamer - From General Screamer Information:
- SPARCL - From its home page (see below):