The TUNES HLL Subproject
| CLiki ]
- Find/design a High-Level Language that will fulfill all the semantical principles to be followed as the standard language for TUNES;
- Implement the specified language.
- Support that language and its implementations.
- Write tools and documentation to help that language develop.
- The HLL-, a restricted version of the HLL, will first be implemented as an s-exp interpreter written in Scheme. (See directory src/HLL/scm in the Tunes distribution.)
- An HLL- compiler will be written in HLL-, to produce binary output for the target platforms, linkable to what the LLL project produces.
- Eventually, all of the LLL code will be integrated inside the HLL code as "inline assembly" and such, to ease manipulation, and compile from Tunes to Tunes.
This plan allows the HLL and LLL efforts to be led independently until they can help each other.
Annotate this on the CLiki.
This document last modified on Sunday, 29-Oct-2006 13:02:07 PST.
See the Changelog